The Royal Guardians are a supportive mount which can be used to help the hero in battle. They come with an individual gameplay effect, activated as soon as the Guardian is called in battle, and a unique special ability, which players can trigger by tapping the Guardian button a second time.
Royal Guardians was a new game mechanic introduced upon the release of version 4.4.
Top Facts Edit
- Your King won't take any damage for the time he's protected by a Guardian;
- The Guardian mode ends when the Guardian's HP is fully depleted or the Guardian timer has run out;
- Some Guardians can be called more often than others in battle;
- Guardians can be found in Guardian Chests, which in turn can be obtained once a month in the daily reward chest, bought from the corresponding Guardian Chest Shop, or won in a Conquest Event;
- Upgrade Guardians with Pearls or Pal Treats (depending on the Guardian) and a certain amount of Guardians of the same type;
- There are Guardians which are harder to find than others. Pay attention to their rarity color.
The Royal Guardians will be made available once you have reached Hero Level 20.
Guardians List Edit
|Guardian||Name||Rarity||Damage||Range||Ability Range||Speed||Initial Cooldown||Appearance Duration||Cooldown between|
|Gaspar||Uber||Normal||4.00||4.00||1.20||50s||25s||(One Time use)|
|Advisor||Rare||Piercing||1.00||30.00||1.00||40s||25s||(One Time use)|
|Yig, Yog and Yug||Legendary||Piercing||1.20||1.73||1.20||60s||28s|
|MORE COMING SOON|
Cooldowns & Duration Edit
To use the Royal Guardians, one must wait for the respective cooldowns involved which work in the following manner:
- On the beginning of an attack, one must wait for the "initial cooldown" before the first use.
- Then, the guardian mode can be activated which will last for an "appearance duration" time:
- After the mode is over, the "cooldown between usages" comes into play before being able to use the guardian once again.
Once the cooldown involved on step 3 is over, it will go back to step 2.
This cycle will keep repeating itself until the match is over, just like represented on the schematic below:
Note: This section uses the Sultan just as an example, but is applicable to all royal guardians.
Hero Items Edit
Upon summoning the Royal Guardian, the hero will relinquish his equipped items.The Royal Guardian will be in charge of attacking, making item perks like the following not work for the appearance duration:
- Damage Perks. E.g: blunt damage, fire damage, etc;
- Aura Perks. E.g.: bomb kick aura, heal aura, etc;
- Effects on Weapon strike: E.g.: translocation chance, infection chance, fear chance, etc (from the Horkos gloves and Aion weapon pro-league item sets).
Despite these effects not working for a few seconds, this is easily overlooked because of the inherent invincibility brought by the Royal Guardian.
Basic Tutorial Edit
Watch this official tutorial by FlareGames, for a basic understanding of the royal guardians.